Full course description
Our ACT Live-online classes offer the same great program as the traditional ACT prep class with the added flexibility of attending class from anywhere or at any time. Our virtual classroom provides you with the opportunity to interact in real-time with our expert instructors with the added benefit of watching recordings of the class sessions for up to 30 days after the course ends. The Live-Online ACT Blitz is offered online using Adobe Connect, a free browser plug-in. All you need are a high-speed internet connection, speakers or head phones, and Adobe Flash Player, which can also be downloaded for free.
The ACT measures critical reasoning skills by testing math and verbal concepts that students have developed over time. It does not measure specific content from high school. The ACT comprises four main sections: English, Reading, Mathematics, and Science. There is also an optional Writing section.
- English – 75 multiple-choice questions based on 5 passages tested in 45 minutes; This section tests knowledge of standard written English including grammar, sentence structure, and organization of writing.
- Mathematics – 60 multiple-choice questions in 60 minutes; This section emphasizes math content prerequisite to most college courses, focusing on algebra, geometry, coordinate geometry, and basic trigonometry.
- Science – 40 multiple-choice questions in 35 minutes; This section tests interpretation of scientific information and data presented in graphs, tables, experimental descriptions, or collections of differing hypotheses. This section does not require background scientific knowledge in the sciences. Rather, it tests your reasoning and analysis skills when presented with information in various formats.
- Reading – 40 passage-based, multiple-choice questions tested in 35 minutes; This section measures reading comprehension.
- Writing – One 40-minute essay; This section is optional, and must be registered for ahead of time. The prompt presents an issue and three different perspectives on that issue. Students are asked to evaluate the presented perspectives and to formulate their own.
Course Advance Registration Fee* UNIVERSITY Faculty/Staff Fee
ACT Prep Class $499.00
Regular Registration Fee
ACT Prep Class $549.00
* for registrations received at least 10 business days in advance of the course start date.