Full course description
The course explores the fundamentals of online teaching, strategies and learning principles that are most effective in online courses. Participants will experience online learning from a student's perspective and explore and master specific competencies for the online environment. Upon completion of the course, participants will earn 3 continuing education credits. To earn a certificate in Online Teaching and Learning take all four courses in the Online Teaching and Learning certificate.
This course is designed to:
- Provide you with a sense of what it feels like to be an online learner from a student perspective. This experience will help you to design and lead a course with a clear understanding of the opportunities and challenges of learning online.
- Challenge you to consider how you will adjust your teaching practices from face-to-face to online learning facilitation.
- Provide relevant, researched-based content that shows the effectiveness of online learning when properly designed and facilitated.
- Introduce you to web 2.0+ tools, and give you practice manipulating web-based content, tools, services to accomplish basic and intermediate tasks and functions consistently (see Mozilla’s Web Literacy Standard (Links to an external site.)).
- Present Best Practices and Instructional Strategies for Online Teaching.