Full course description
Participants who complete this module will:
- Define arts integration and discuss the value of using an arts integrated teaching approach in schools.
- Identify teachers’ roles in developing arts-integrated teaching units.
- Exhibit multi-dimensional awareness about the culture of arts-integrated classrooms.
- Develop techniques that foster participation and engagement for arts integrated teaching.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the often-felt false dichotomy around using teaching artists in the classroom and the sometimes perceived threat to the arts specialists in the school.
- Apply an understanding of developing a holistic arts integrated teaching environment.
- Describe the qualities of effective arts-integrated teaching.
- Reflect on the personal qualities that teachers should possess to successfully engage students in the arts integrated teaching process.
- Apply skills appropriate to providing access and equal educational opportunities for students.