Full course description
Explore the major social media platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest) as vehicles for nonprofits to reach their members, volunteers, and donors.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Discuss the importance of social media to nonprofits for communicating, marketing, public relations, and fundraising
- Explain how social media can be used to better engage a nonprofit's audience
- Outline the key questions nonprofits should consider as they become involved in social media
- Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest and other social media platforms
- Discuss the costs involved in social media
- Explain the importance of establishing social media policies for your nonprofit
- Discuss the measurement of social media effectiveness in communicating messages and in fundraising
- Outline tools and techniques for successful social media use by a nonprofit
- Apply your understanding of the social media environment to case studies
Target Audience: This course is designed for adult learners seeking to gain a basic understanding of social media for nonprofit organizations. This course is best suited for learners with a basic understanding of how nonprofits operate.
Level/Prerequisites: Introductory/No Prerequisites
Estimated time to complete: 3-5 hours
Ask the Expert: This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Required Material: This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
CFRE Credits: 3 | CEUs: 0.5